Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Road Trips, Speeding Tickets, Interviews, Hockey and a New Name


Got back from our CRAZY four-day road trip to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia for our friend's wedding and had a fabulous time (despite the incessant rain the whole drive home and my USD$185 speeding ticket in northern Maine). I have no idea why, but I did not feel motivated to do even a stitch of knitting. I felt like I needed to be moral support for the driver and I was just not feeling like it (I blame the bad sock). With so much going on (let's see, two job interviews in Boston tomorrow and hopefully another next week, just changed my name at the social security office even though they were insisting my green card needed to be changed first but I had called INS and waited 30 minutes on hold to talk to someone and they said the ss card should/could be changed first, Stanley Cup Finals, houseguests this weekend, major cleaning this week, moving in 2-3 weeks, paaaaaacking, setting up our move(!), getting my car fixed, registered in MA and sold), I'm feeling overwhelmed. And these silly recruiter guys keep calling and set up appointments for me to talk with them before and after the actual interviews - annoying! Ok, enough ranting I guess since none of it is knitting related today. Oh! And WTF happened to Edmonton last night?? Ok, I feel sorry for the goalie that got plopped into net with nary a practice shot, but still. Pictures later... must prep for interview for consulting job I don't really want that much...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh! These 4 days sound helluva crazy, but you also got such a lot done! But oy, that speeding ticket is a truly heavy one - poor you, I definitely feel with you, having spent more than a fortune on speeding tickets in former years :(
Gawd, that Oilers-goalie! Okay, he didn't expect to be playing that night, obviously wasn't ready for it - but why the hell did he stumble around behind the goal and not even look where he shoots the puck to? I think my heart stopped in that second, and well... Brind'Amour said "thanks". Hope they'll find a suitable replacement for Roly as he's out now, what a nightmare :(((
But as Barb said, there's 6 more games, and it's okay losing the first one - the next one will be ours! GO OILERS!

3:40 p.m., June 06, 2006  
Blogger barbp said...

We start our roadtrip to South Dakota tomorrow at noon. I still haven't decided what all to take with me. I think I'm going to imitate the Harlot and do a WIP touring the US. Imitation is the best form of flattery, after all.
Sorry about the speeding ticket. I'm keeping good thoughts that you will find the job of your dreams and that the moving goes as smoothly as possible. And the Oilers? I don't know. The Canadian in my house was calling for the Oilers to win, but this is going to be tough, especially with Rolly out. GO OILERS!

8:10 p.m., June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home