Friday, May 19, 2006

Second Scarf Progress

A-ha, my second scarf is still pretty puny (less than 1 ft long), but the sun is out! The sun is out! This 2 x 2 ribbing is technically the backside, but I don't think the pattern is officially published by Alchemy yet, so I just peekabooed the other, more interesting side here. Hopefully, I'll be able to photograph the whole thing by the time I've finished.

And this is Aston, jumping onto the sunny (yet slightly dirty) windowsill. I blame my lack of housecleaning thoroughness on my lack of houseguests here in New Haven. Somehow, for me, houseguests = clean house. No houseguests = more slovenly behaviour. I guess incentive for me getting a "real" job (i.e., an engineering job) is that my salary would then support a cleaning lady. :-) That could be nice. In fact, that could be totally decadent.

Anyway, where was I? So, the scarf is coming along and here are some pics of the fibre's former owner:
Frankly, I can't remember her name - I think it is Dreamweaver, but I'm really not sure. I'm such a fibre slut - not even bothering to stop and pay attention to my fibre's provenance!

5 Comments:

Blogger Zarzuela said...

Your kitty is so cute!!!! Heh. Fibre ho. ;) Can't say I blame you with that yummy stuff though!

Have a great weekend!

Jessica

4:08 p.m., May 19, 2006  
Blogger barbp said...

I like the start to the scarf!

I had a cleaning lady come out and give me an estimate about a month ago. Then I started thinking hmmm, money for cleaning lady or money for yarn....hmmm more yarn. Then of course time for house cleaning time for knitting. Still not sure on that front :-}

Happy Victoria Day and I saw the Oilers win the first - loved seeing the Ducks loose of course.

12:24 p.m., May 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the scarf is coming along so fine, it's going to be a real beauty! And I absolutely adore your kitty, what an innocent look - but oops, mine usually has the same look when she was bad, bad, bad right before - was Aston too?
Isn't it great working on a knitting project and actually knowing who the former "owner" of the wool was? That's more than amazing - and Dreamweaver (or however she's called) is such a cutie!

3:37 a.m., May 21, 2006  
Blogger Suess said...

Aston, its so nice to see you in 'person'. For a cat you aren't half bad either:-) Sorry you have to spend your days on a dirty windowsill...but that does tend to give them more interesting smells than that horrid pine scent!
Suess

10:31 a.m., May 21, 2006  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm sure you'll enjoy being back in Boston, it being the best city ever and all . . .

4:26 p.m., May 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home