Sunday, May 14, 2006

Martinis and Good Company

Zarzuela's post about our amazing group of New Haven knitters said it best. What a group of lovely and talented women! I'm sad to be relocating yet again and leaving this community. Our martini outing on Saturday night was filled with interesting conversation and (surprisingly) only minimal talk of knitting.

So, I've been working on this for little "Octavian":

The baby is due in October, so I'm hoping to have more than a foot blankie done by then.

...yesterday, I finished the incredible reversible cable (Ruby Cable) scarf by Lauren for Alchemy in dark brown llama wool. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure that I'd wear a brown scarf since I wear a lot of black and accessorize with dark red (the yarn looked black when it was in the skein)... so, I offered a trade - I gave the finished scarf to my M-I-L and I got more llama yarn in a colour I might wear. This off-white/beige colour is combined fibre from Molly and Dreamweaver:

Ok, the colour is kind of wonky between photos, but please, it's still grey, dreary and raining - so hard to get good natural light!

1 Comments:

Blogger barbp said...

Oh that's some nice stuff from your M-I-L!! I'm loving the blanket! Good luck on your move.

9:06 p.m., May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home