Thursday, May 11, 2006

Running out of llama wool...


I'm almost done with the incredible reversing cable scarf (designed by Lauren for Alchemy) or rather, I'm almost out of llama yarn (this yarn shortage is a recurring theme for me these days). I may get another skein of the llama stuff this weekend if we go to visit my M-I-L for Mother's Day... a plan in the works and dependent on the progress of Brendan's evil dissertation. This paucity of yarn may lead me to cast on the Egyptian cotton and get cracking on this blankie that will take me *forever*. Here is the yarn haul from my Canadian trip last weekend - only four skeins to make a small-ish (car seat) blanket. It's hard to make out the pattern, but it is under the navy blue clothing in the photo here. I cast on and got an inch or so done last night - it looks good, but man is it ever fine... wow. The tiniest cables ever.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - good luck with the egyptian cotton! It's so beautiful with such a wonderful feel to the skin, but having worked with it a while ago (a sweater) I got nightmares :) But I think with using it for a blanket and another pattern than I used, everything will work out perfectly with it! Have fun knitting!

5:21 a.m., May 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home