Sunday, April 23, 2006

Llama, llama, duck, llama, llama


I missed the birth of a new llama at my M-I-Ls yesterday and Friday. Apparently, llamas can hunker down and wait out the weather before they give birth. I was hoping to see another spindly legged, skinny llama through the kitchen window when I woke on Saturday. Instead, I saw something like this... this is Navigator. The baby llama has not been born yet. I did get a treat, though - llama yarn from "Trooper" and "Lacey" - thanks guys. Your fibre is wonderful. I'm sure "slippy" isn't a technical term and it may have been just because I was trying to knit on my straight needles in the car ride home through a rainstorm late yesterday afternoon, but the yarn sure seems *slippy*. Then again, it has occurred to me that Philosopher's Wool is probably one of the stickiest, scratchiest things out there and I've been knitting a lot of that lately.

While the weather on Saturday wasn't perfect - it was dry enough to attend Shauna's wedding shower, held on the banks of Walden Pond in Concord, Massachusetts. My friend Shauna has lived in Boston for a number of years and is originally from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. In the last couple of years, she has: cycled a century, completed 2 triathlons, and scaled Mt. Kilimanjaro. She has also met her Mr. Right and is getting married in Cape Breton in June.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zarzuela said...

Llama yarn! That's so cool!! :) Glad you had a good time at the baby shower too.

Jessica

5:57 p.m., April 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home