Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Boston vs. New Haven

2,082 members of Boston's Stitch n' Bitch. Two THOUSAND eighty two members. I think I'm going to miss New Haven's cozy 221 members... oh, and 24 different weekly meeting places ?! ... including three in Cambridge alone (including one at Red Line which is a martini bar next to Woolcott & Co., my former LYS)... I guess I do have options... but then again, when I lived in Boston until 2004, I never "went out to knit". I wonder if I'll revert back to this behaviour...

3 Comments:

Blogger Zarzuela said...

Cripes! That's a lot of people! Perhaps you should pick one location and stick with it?

Jessica

2:53 p.m., May 16, 2006  
Blogger barbp said...

I have a choice of three in my area. One of the groups I really love. One I haven't been to yet, but am planning on checking out. The other I've been about 4 times, but not feeling the gel as with the first, but will probably give it a couple more goes to see what happens. Maybe you'll do the same and check some out and find one you love as much as the group you're leaving.

11:37 p.m., May 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, what a lot of people! I've been searching and searching and didn't come up with ANY knitter's club or organization whatsoever over here, shame, shame, shame! Perhaps I should start such a thing? Hmmm... got me thinking here - thugh I doubt I'll end up with 2.082 members!
By the way - YAY for Edmonton!!!!

12:01 a.m., May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home