Thursday, May 25, 2006

Wednesday Night Stitch & Bitch

I refuse to cease and desist.

It was awfully quiet last night... just Jessica and myself for most of the time with a newbie - Angie - joining us a little later. We had to reassure her that there were normally more than TWO people at the New Haven Stitch & Bitch... I'm not sure if she believed us. :-)

Did I mention that I have an 18 hour car trip (each way) coming up next weekend? Yes, we're *driving* to Sydney, Nova Scotia to attend a wedding - slightly crazy yet an exciting adventure since neither of us have been back to Nova Scotia since we first met there on (obviously) separate vacations in 1999. My cathartic bicycle tour through Nova Scotia netted a wonderful man with a fine taste in literature (I started talking to him because he was reading Camus' "L'etranger") and music (one of our first dates was at a Middle East Hometown Throwdown Mighty, Mighty Bosstones concert - if you live in Boston, you know what this is... one of our later but still early dates was Great Big Sea at Avalon on St. Patrick's Day). So, where was I? Yes, THIRTY-SIX hours in the car (my god, are we crazy?) next week, so I will need to pack some knitting to do while it's my turn at Navigator. :-) I see my first pair of socks being christened my "Nova Scotia Car-Ride Socks".

4 Comments:

Blogger barbp said...

MFB and I have a trip out to South Dakota in June, yes car trip. Leave PA Thursday at noon and be back here Monday at "oh dark 30" as we call it. Which means who the heck knows. Lots of CD's and lots of knitting are required.

You and I will each get at least one pair of socks done on our trips! I've never been to Nova Scotia so take pictures and share.

If you like pictures of corn fields I'll share mine with you!!

Drink lot's of Timmy's for me.

4:57 p.m., May 25, 2006  
Blogger Lauren said...

Yikes! I was set to go but we got a call right before 7 that an unemployed friend landed his dream job, so we went to his place for champagne.

5:13 p.m., May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, this car trip you have coming up sounds very stressful to say the least - but perhaps you could use this time to do a whole lot of knitting? Do have a safe trip!

12:21 p.m., May 26, 2006  
Blogger Henry Robinson said...

xtane 25 mg is a medicine prescribed for the therapy of bosom malignant growth. This tablet has a place with a group of enemies of estrogens and is generally used to arrest the combination of estrogen by the arrival of an enzyme known as aromatase.

1:06 a.m., August 09, 2021  

Post a Comment

<< Home