Monday, May 29, 2006

Sock Virgin....

Well, I *was*... I think I'm partially de-flowered at this point, but in an embarassing kind of I've-been-caught-at-second-base-while-parked-in-a-car-with-a-boy-by-a-cop way. Not that that ever happened to er, anyone, um, I know. So, back to the sock... I'm definitely not photographing my progress at this point because I'm convinced that I have done something horribly wrong with the heel turn. I'll blame it on too much sun at the cottage while kayaking (soooo much fun, by the way), on super cold ocean water that I braved up to my ankles, and on knitting while in the car in I-95 Memorial Day erratic traffic. In any case, no photo-evidence until I can self-correct. (Hey, I'll even be optimistic and add a condition 'or until I determine that I've done everything right'.)

Just saw X-Men 3.... loved it. Mmmm, Wolverine. ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Awwww, come on . . . we wanna see the sock!! :) Yeah, the heel and gusset was where I had the most trouble on my first sock too. Don't worry, you'll make it through, and then the second is so much easier. :)

8:08 a.m., May 30, 2006  
Blogger barbp said...

Yes my first heel was cofusing. The thoughts running through my head were "you want me to do what? but what happens to this stitch when I do this and then this stitch what happens." But it works. Look at the other stuff you made, you'll figure out how to do it.

Yesterday afternoon the first two XMen movies played back to back so had to watch them. I do like Hugh Jackman.

8:30 p.m., May 30, 2006  
Blogger Rachel said...

Socks are so much fun once you get the hang of them. I'm sure it'll work out fine for you. I've certainly had my share of pulling back and reworking heels, along with other sock parts. It's definately worth it in the end, though! Once you're comfortable with a basic sock, there are soooo many fun and different patterns to try out. It's very addicting very quickly. Enjoy the first time - it only comes once!

5:35 p.m., May 31, 2006  
Blogger Suess said...

Hey there. Hope you had a great trip to Nova Scotia...36 hours...lots of time for pee breaks! Went to SnB this week and were only three of us too! Hopefully next week the turn out will be better, time is running out. Hope Boston was fun, and you weren't stuck in traffic for hours as seen on the news Monday! Hmmm, you sounded rather familiar with the whole cop/necking thing:-) Good luck with the socks....

9:42 p.m., May 31, 2006  
Blogger barbp said...

OMG...Game 1 of the finals just ended!!

ARGGGHHHH...exciting game though. Hope you're doing well, and this is why there's 7 games for the series.

11:03 p.m., June 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here agreeing with barbp - thanks gawd there's 7 games! But that goalie.... that goalie!!!! Argh!!!!

11:16 p.m., June 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home