Friday, June 16, 2006

Freedom

I've got the okay to photograph and show the last two scarf projects I've been knitting (designed by Lauren). I couldn't be happier with how they turned out and I think that this was an appropriate use for the llama yarn (I was gifted a nonspecific amount and didn't want to scam my M-I-L's whole annual stash). So, where's the photo? Well, I'll procrastinate about that - it's a beautiful day and I'm meeting my honey for lunch "downtown".

The Regia socks (formerly the Regia baby sweater for Kian and otherwise known as my first pair of socks) are about 0.6 of a pair currently, but I think I'll get through the second sock quickly and likely while I busy myself during tomorrow night's Stanley Cup game (i.e., I won't be able to watch because I fear/expect the worst for Edmonton and looking down at one's knitting instead of at the game is a good way to deal with my anxiety. What? Turn off the game? I couldn't possibly.)

My next PRO-ject will have to be the Sandnes "mandarin petit" egyptian cotton baby blanket for "Octavian" that I deserted a while ago. Egyptian cotton. Fingering weight. Baby blanket. What on earth was I thinking? Well, at least it is a good hot weather knitting project...

In 8 days we (or at least our stuff) will be in Boston. I'm excited but definitely a little sad to be leaving.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zarzuela said...

I hear you on the hockey. Hard to watch when you care!

Just wanted to say, go socks go! They are looking great. :)

Jessica

11:49 a.m., June 16, 2006  
Blogger barbp said...

I watched my favorite university team loose a heartbreaker in March from the seats.

Hopefully I won't watch a team I'm cheering for (Avalanche are my fave with the Leafs in 2nd.)loose. Go Oilers.

Can't wait to see your pictures. Happy sock knitting.

12:46 p.m., June 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so looking forward to seeing the pics of your two scarf projects!
I'm on the egde of my seat already when I think about tonight's game - it'll be broadcasted live again which means 2 am over here, but I'll definitely stay up and watch it, I just have to. And I'll do it like you, busying myself with knitting in order not to have to look :) Fingers crossed, let's cheer for a little miracle in Oil country!

11:51 a.m., June 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home