Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Nothing has happened yet

No good Oklahoma stories yet... aside from the scary cast of characters at the Walmart last week but I firmly believe that scary people are in Walmart's everywhere. I generally try to avoid Walmart but needed to pick up 2 file cabinets and they had them (2 dwrs) for $25 each... what can you do? I don't have a problem buying the odd thing there but I won't be doing my grocery shopping at the Walmart "Neighborhood Markets" since I was reading that those stores are driving down salaries in the supermarket business. That's the reason that unionized supermarket employees down here are on strike. I thought the whole "living wage" idea was something that would catch on more than it has. Much as I hate the slickness of John Edwards - he had a great catch line about there being "two americas" - one for the wealthy and one for everyone else. Besides, I thought he was the only democrat running who could beat George Bush in the next election. La la. Oh, I definitely need to get cable, I miss Jon Stewart too.

I should probably go and unpack some more of my crap. Man, I have a lot of crap. I brought bags and bags of stuff to Goodwill before I left Boston and I probably still have a bunch of old clothes and books to purge. I still have t-shirts from high school. Not good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home