Thursday, August 10, 2006

Other stuff I've been up to...

...so I've written a "nice" letter to Merrell about their hiking boots and I explained that even though I'm past the 1 yr warranty, I think wearing the boots once and having the sole come off completely warrants a judgement of defective workmanship... I'll keep you posted about what I hear back. (The letter accompanied the boots themselves.) I had to call them first to get an authorization number for the boots to be sent back - let me just say that the customer representative was NOT encouraging at all and she was downright exasperated that I should try to complain about these boots when they were so "old".

Ok, I *have* been making progress around the house as well... I know that we just celebrated our *2nd* anniversary, but we only picked up our wedding pictures last Christmas while we were in Toronto (and we moved again in June). We decided that, instead of putting the pics away in an album that we might not look at all that often, that we'd put them up. As you can see, we haven't hung anything on the wall yet...
The back porch has been GREAT to read on lately - the temperatures are finally reasonable. :-) I'm re-reading the Harry Potter books (if you've noticed them racking up on the sidebar lately) because friends of ours told us about a theory predicted for the final book. It involves a central character and I wanted to look back for clues. Dorky, I know.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

D and I have a theory about the final book too... but we've never read any of the books so I highly doubt it will be true.
The pictures look great.

12:20 p.m., August 10, 2006  
Blogger barbp said...

Not reading the Harry Potter books so I can't chime in there.

Definitely keep us in the loop about the Merrill boots. People who have blogs have more people than they know who can spread the word around about a company who backs their promises and who doesn't.

Beautiful pictures and I'm so glad that you enjoy that charming porch.

12:32 p.m., August 10, 2006  
Blogger Karen said...

That wedding photo frame is a great idea!! Don't worry, we just celebrated our 2nd anniversary too, and still have our proof book but haven't selected what pictures we want yet. I hope our photographer doesn't give us a hard time because it's been so long!!

6:03 p.m., August 10, 2006  
Blogger jennsquared said...

I wish I have a porch... Sound yummy to read outside. Def. keep us posted withe the boots though, I'm glad you sent the boots back! Great idea about the photos!!

8:28 a.m., August 11, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

The photos look great! Very cool idea. :)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

11:08 a.m., August 12, 2006  
Blogger Carole Knits said...

Your wedding photos are beautiful. So what's your Harry Potter theory?

11:13 a.m., August 15, 2006  
Blogger Suess said...

Hey, what beautiful pictures...such a good idea. Our pictures too (from more like 5 years ago are just languishing somewhere...after three moves???) Just caught up on the rest of your blog too, beautiful blanket, eeks on the boots and lovely apartment. Your porch is too hot, ours is too cold. So much for Fairbanks being dry, august has pretty much been drizzle and get this...55-60 maybe:-) What did I sign up for? Enjoying it nonetheless:-) haven't picked up knitting in a bit...long bit, but winters coming. Take care!

1:21 p.m., August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home