Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Craziness is Over


I've finally finished the *&$(@ baby blanket in Sandnes Mandarin Petit Egyptian Cotton...
Of course, after two parties today I'll have to finish and block the darn thing before the baby shower tomorrow... but still... "done".

I've been a little lazy on the finishing tasks and instead decided to buy some Cascade 220 at long last and make my first felted objects. I've been dying to make felted clog/slippers for about 8 years, so here I am, finally getting around to it. Granted, I haven't completed the second sole on these babies yet, but they knit up soooo fast (imagine, after using 3mm needles and that ridiculous cotton for 3 months that I'd think worsted on 9mms wouldn't knit up fast)... and the engineer in me loves the construction of these things... I'm far more in love with these than I was with those horrid first socks of mine. I have to admit my bias toward chunkier yarn and "warm", "cozy" knitting projects. I know, I know, not as technically impressive but I like what I like. (Probably why I'm not that intrigued or excited by the lace craze going on currently.)

I better run - I've got a couple of parties to go to today and the aforementioned blocking to take of... oh, and I have to mentally prepare for my new job on Monday morning. :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Isn't it a fun pattern? I was so mystified the first time I used it. Congrats on finishing the baby blanket. You have to win some kind of stamina award for that.

11:24 a.m., August 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blanket looks really awesome - such an amazing pattern, you did a fantastic job with knitting it up! And I so love the slippers - they're going to be so warm and cozy!
Have a lot of fun at the parties - and yay for the new job, all the very best with it!

3:21 a.m., August 27, 2006  
Blogger jennsquared said...

That baby blanket is awesome! I have to give you a lot of credit for finishing it... I would have throw it somewhere and want nothing to do with it! hahaha...

Good luck for your first day! I want to know more details!!!

8:17 a.m., August 28, 2006  
Blogger Sneaksleep said...

Congrats on finishing the blanket! That poor baby better really love that thing! ;-)

2:09 p.m., August 28, 2006  
Blogger Suess said...

Blanket is beautiful! So glad your social life is booming too in your new place:-) Good luck with the new job....which one has it ended out being???

8:16 p.m., August 28, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

I really hope that blanket is going to a good friend because it is just beautiful! Hope the new job goes just as well. :)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

6:43 p.m., August 29, 2006  
Blogger barbp said...

So I have a coworker who had her baby today, and another who will have her baby in a couple of months erm don't suppose that you would want....

(I'm kidding)

The blanket is gorgeous and OMG it must have taken so much time. I think I first started reading your blog when you started it.

Loveing the slippers.

Hope your new job turns out to be what you were looking for.

9:17 p.m., August 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home