Saturday, February 10, 2007

Catch up and some pictures posted...

Okay, high pressure knitting projects have mostly ceased - for now. Just to catch you up - made an insane number of Fiber Trends felted clogs as Christmas gifts this year. Here is a sample:














I call these: "The Jaime"

My sister-in-law is artsy and wears clothes in chartreuse, orange, brown, lemon yellow, well, you get the idea. Used Cascade 220, no mods to the Fiber Trend Felted Clog pattern. Women's size 7.5.

"The Cathy" - These were for my sister in Toronto and made in a colour to match her eyes... okay, not sure why I'd choose making slippers that matched someone's eyes - I guess I just decided that she liked the colour. These were made in Lite Lopi that I picked up on sale at Fabric Place. The saleslady assured me that these would felt well - indeed they felted - it's just... well, they're rather *furry*... Women's size 10, no mods to the pattern.




"The Valerie" - These clogs in light pink and dark purple are for my 13 year old niece, Valerie. She seems to be outgrowing them right away... yikes. Anyway, used Cascade 220, no mods to the pattern, women's size 7.




"The Stripo" - For my dad (nickname - Stripo - origin was in the early 80s and it stuck), these are also in Lite Lopi (bought on sale with the green single ply yarn above) and are quite fuzzy. Men's size 12. (Have you noticed - my family - those related, have HUGE feet?)

Over New Year's, we visited my family in Toronto and had quite a delightful New Year's eve. We played games, ate two-year cake,


(the top tier of our wedding cake from July 2004... it had been stored in my sister's freezer since then and we missed eating it on our 1st wedding anniversary - we were in Tulsa - amazingly, the marzapan exterior nicely protected the chocolate cake interior from tasting 2.5 yrs old. :-))

....and some fresh cake as well

(This was a surprise - my sister ordered a cake to celebrate Brendan's graduation on New Year's Eve... we toasted with - get this - Carl Jung (Non-alcoholic) Sparkling "Wine"... not sure how my sister found that one, but we all got a good chuckle out of it.)

Other than that... had a great day - starting out with my first yoga class in a downward dog's age, then breakfast with friends, discovery of a new place to do grocery shopping that was phenomenal, some laundry and some homework.... and B gets home late tonight from Portland - the left coast one.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Suess said...

Yikes! I guess you've been busy, the clogs are great, and so many! I love the chartreuse and orange - sure to set off a happy day:-) I'm hoping to try some felted slippers soon...great to have on hand for guests in a cold climate, hopefully you'll inspire me! Congrats on the two years, and new 'Doctordom'. Hope life is treating you well...and yep, Ben Franklin's used to be a staple of life in VT. Curse of the mega stores takes their tole unfortunately.

5:46 p.m., February 10, 2007  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'm glad you got to change it up with different colors on the clogs. The two year old cake looks pretty damn good.

6:56 p.m., February 10, 2007  
Blogger barbp said...

Oh you're back. Your header says "slightly nomadic" Pish Posh. You're a lot nomadic.

Your clogs are wonderful. My local Ben Franklin store closed down a couple years ago.

It's been years since we had our second anniversary. Congrats, and congrats to the new Doctor.

1:50 a.m., February 11, 2007  
Blogger jennsquared said...

Wow! That's a lot of slippers! Definitely love the colors you chose! And the cake looked amazing for being 2 years old!

12:41 p.m., February 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a serious amount of felting! They all look so cozy though. I really have to try that pattern sometime soon.

Love the top of your cake by the way. Just beautiful!

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog

1:35 p.m., February 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home