Sunday, December 03, 2006

CLOSE Call

Hmm, it seems that felting and blogging about felting concurrently is not a good idea for myself (even though my computer was 2 feet away from the washing machine in the kitchen)... only by dumb luck did I end up with a perfect size 7 women's slipper for my 13 yo niece. The first cycle ran through and then suddenly I heard spinning, stopped the machine, checked the slippers (which were still a size 10) and reset the washer. Next thing I knew, I noticed that the washer wasn't running at all - the water had already drained out, so apparently, I can be totally oblivious to my surroundings. When I checked the slippers after the second cycle, they were a perfect size 7. Yay!

I was a lot more careful about timing and setting a timer the first and second time around for this pattern but I caught on to the fact that checking the slippers after 10 minutes was much too soon to expect them to be done. I also figured that since I'm right here, again, TWO feet from the washing machine that I might, oh, say, notice the ambient noise.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Ah felting is so inexact. It's nice that the felting goddesses were looking out for you on these. Have you memorized the pattern yet? I found it difficult to memorize.

12:57 p.m., December 03, 2006  
Blogger barbp said...

Thanks for the info on the odor eaters - I never would have thought of it.

I made a felted hedgehog a couple months ago and had a fight with my washer over it. I'm glad yours is working for you pretty much painlessly.

Keeping my fingers crossed for that Cascade to get wound right after Christmas!!!

9:15 p.m., December 05, 2006  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Never would have thought of the odor eaters thing! Very cool. And yeah, that whole being right there and not noticing... that's how I felted a certain cabled sweater. :( Good luck with all those slippers!

Jessica

8:59 a.m., December 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home