Monday, March 08, 2004

Gruesome Surgery Details

My dad did finally have his surgery, exactly two weeks later from the original date, so Feb 19th or so. He is still in the hospital because his incision has been weeping/leaking so they put him on an IV and are trying to get that drained and dried out before sending him home. My mom says that it looks like he has a huge zipper - the incision is from below his belly button up to his chest and is stapled up - eesh! sounds ghastly, doesn't it? Anyway, I'm glad that they're keeping an eye on him in the hospital. Better than sending him home too soon. When I talked to him last he sounded much better, so with any luck, his recovery will continue without more complications. I think he's itching to go fishing and I'd like to be able to talk him into going to Boston at the end of May and meeting Brendan's parents. I think he would enjoy seeing their cottage and going out in the boat down there. My parents used to take summer vacations on the Cape with my sisters in the 60's, before I was born and they always talk about it.

Anyway, things here are going pretty well. I'm woefully behind on wedding planning, but trying to make up for it lately. With any luck, we'll get caught up by the end of the week. I'm settling in here and I'm loving the house very much. Brendan and I have been working out together which is fun and good for me, since I can get distracted from going to the gym. We went jogging along the riverside on Saturday in shorts - then and today, it's almost 70, I think. So, there are definitely benefits to the weather down here. We had friends over Friday night to watch movies we rented - the friendgroup here is one that I've met since I've visited Tulsa 3 years ago, so I know these guys fairly well and like them a lot. Their girlfriends are okay, I can get along with them, but they're not my style - mostly southern types that wouldn't dare be seen by anyone without make-up on. Ick.

Other than that, I've got a ton of work to do and spend all day long working from the back bedroom while Aston sits on the file cabinets and looks out the window, transfixed by all the squirrels and birds in the backyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home