Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hey again and... 7 Random Things About Me

Hi there,

I know it has been a while... not sure if anyone is still out there, but anyway... I've done stranger things than write to myself. :-) So one of my reasons for lack of blog posts had something to do with all the bloody felted slippers I was knitting. I finished the last pair about a month ago (!), so I haven't had any new and exciting knitting content really. I have great plans forming for projects this summer though.

Ok, so Bryna didn't exactly tag me to do this meme, but I believe the phrase "I don't want to force anyone to do a meme if they don't want to, but if you feel like it, and you don't have anything better to blog about, consider yourself tagged" applied to me.

1. I am tone deaf. Well, I took piano lessons and then played the alto saxophone in high school and achieved a Grade 8 Conservatory level with the sax... but play by ear? No sir. I can't sing in tune to save my life. I could tell if I was playing a note sharp or flat but that was about it.

2. I can solve a Rubik's cube in under 2 minutes. In grade 4, my mom took me down to the Simpson's in downtown Toronto to take part in a Rubik's cube contest and made it to the Quarter Final Round.

3. In high school, I went through a phase of renting Alfred Hitchcock movies and that led me to see the movie, "Marnie", which in turn, led to a fixation with James Bond movies and Sean Connery, in general. (My favourite James Bond movie is "From Russia With Love".)

4. I hate my feet and I hate shoe shopping... I have size 11.5 feet and when my petite size 7-footed friends want to browse in shoe stores, it kind of drives me crazy.

5. My mom taught me to knit when I was about 7 or 8. My aunt taught me to crochet around the same time and my first non-scrap-yarn project was crocheted. At 14, I decided that I wanted to knit a sweater, so went out to Lewiscraft with my part-time job money and bought a Patons Aran pattern book and some (ack) acrylic yarn.

6. I laughed my a$$ off at Austin Powers (at least parts 1 and 2)... perhaps because of Item #3 above... and subsequently decided to throw an Austin Powers party at my house. I dressed as a Fembot. I was quite proud of making that, complete with "guns" that didn't droop.

7. My cat is named "Aston", well "Aston Martin", really because, again, see Item #3. When I picked her out at the Kingston Humane Society, she wasn't what I imagined the cool names I had thought up did not match her colouring. She was mottled grey and brown and well, there was a grey Aston Martin DB5 in Goldfinger and a brown Aston Martin V8 Vantage in The Living Daylights... hence, "Aston". She is a "she" and I figured that cars and ships were referred to in the feminine, but somehow people always think she is a boy because of her name.

As for who to tag, I think Bryna said it best: "I don't want to force anyone to do a meme if they don't want to, but if you feel like it, and you don't have anything better to blog about, consider yourself tagged." (Besides, I'm about the last person to have done this meme.)

2 Comments:

Blogger barbp said...

You're still here!! Cool. I love Aston Martins and with apologies to your fellow Canadian "I have a whole bag of SHHH" I still LMAO over that.

5:06 p.m., June 03, 2007  
Blogger Sneaksleep said...

Yay! You;'re back! And you did the meme! :-) I love that you named your cat after James Bond's car. Hope all's well with you!

10:27 a.m., June 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home